Thursday 31 July 2014

7 Weeks in and loving it more every day!!!

I signed up on Friday 13th June, exactly 7 weeks ago today! But I couldn't really 'do' much for the first 7 days, well except for learn, read and prepare! I had my first launch party on Friday 27th June exactly 5 weeks ago to the day!

I was then very lucky in that my wonderful friend Mara signed up as a consultant, as did my equally wonderful husband! Then I went away for a week, so didn't really do much! After that week away, I had a week off and only had one follow up, which resulted in a new PC sign up. It got to the middle of July and then reality hit me!! I had done no planning whatsoever and was literally just floating along aiming for a place but with no direction!

So, I put plans and goals in place, and really started to get going, I began to really invest in myself, watched videos, listened to audios read an amazing book and it really gave me push I needed. I felt that funny bubbly feeling of excitement inside and I felt so good!


I love this book so much that I also sat and listened to the audio!
I worked my butt off, did everything I could! I had already made my overall plan, but I also made daily plans and stuck to them! Only things like to call someone, email someone, plan or book something in and also to have an hour of learning/training a day and then a bit of time to review my day and plan the next! Not everything went to plan, and that's okay... In fact in some ways it is a good thing as you can review and figure out how to do it better!



The thing I have found is, this business is not about pushing all your friends and family to sign up, making people feel obliged to 'help' you, but to simply share what you are doing, the same way you would if you just got a new job, car, house etc, you would tell people about it, this is exactly the same thing!

This month I hit my personal goal of 3,000 QV, I got my 2 new sign ups and I am now helping them to do the same as me, I didn't sign up the 4 PCs I would have liked  due to only one person showing up to my final party! But that's totally okay and in the end, my final party ended up turning in to a brilliant training session for Maria who did the presentation!



The two images above are Maria's second launch party - Both Maria's parties went amazingly well with every person placing at least one order and 3 people also signed up as PC's. They were my first product presentations I had ever done and I was so nervous, but loved every second of it! Below are images from my own party, where only one friend came - But there are no negatives as it turned in to training session.




Last night was the last day of the month, I sat down and planned August, I have my new goals which are 5000 QV and reach District Manager Status, 2 new consultant sign ups and 5 PCs. I am also going to help Mark and Maria, reach the 2000 QV they need for their Strong Start programme, I will be with them as much as I can this month to help and guide them so that they can become independent and duplicate the business!

This is business really is such a wonderful opportunity and it most definitely came at the right time. At first my why was mainly because of my kidneys, but due to recent events, my why has altered slightly. Childminding has been very good to me and I have been fortunate to earn an okay wage, but due to circumstances outside of my control (children growing up) I now find myself two clients down and a dramatic drop in wages! So I really need Arbonne to fill the gap.

The other reason my 'why' has changed, is possibly the biggest thing that has given me a huge push to make this work and make everyday count. My eldest sister! (not my sponsor) was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012, she fought hard and battled through, then was given the all clear! She was getting her life back on track, working in the hospital, and thoroughly loving life... until she discovered this July that it has returned, but this time the prognosis is not good! I! This has made me realise, more so than ever, that life truly is precious, every day that you wake up is a blessing, and I want to make the most of it, I want to help  people make the most of their lives and most importantly, I want to be in a position where I have quality time to spend with the people I love.

It happens all too often, life is busy, life gets in the way, we all have 'things' to do and before you know it time has sped past at lightening speed and you sit there wondering where it went! So, if you take anything away from this blog, please let it be that life is precious, go and tell your family you love them, get in touch with that person you keep 'meaning to call'

My sister is grabbing life and taking it to the max... so much so she is even jumping out a plane!!! If you want to know more about this or even want to donate a small amount you can do so here - Sue's Skydive!



No comments:

Post a Comment