Friday 8 August 2014

Personal growth and self awareness!!

When starting with Arbonne I had the most amazing support, I actually cannot believe there really are so many kind, generous people out there. And I don't mean finacially generous, but time generous! I have had the most incredible support from my upline and really could not have asked for more.

But personal growth is just that, it is personal, to you! No one can grow for you, and you have to be aware of where you want to go, how you are going to get there and what you need to get there, and again not just finacially!

I had a zoom call with an up line of mine and was given loads of advice, and although I had read books, listened to audio, watched videos, and attended training, I still needed a lot of guidance. There were still things I was doing wrong or could do better.

So, what was I advised? Well first of all it was my 60 second story, now I knew what my story was, and sort of what to say, but the second I was out on the spot I turned in to a bumbling idiot - it was not pretty I can assure you! I was told that my 60 second story should be at the top of head, ready when needed. It should start with two sentences, who I am and what do I do (no mention of Arbonne and be positive) then there is the but...the reason why you wanted/needed something esle... and lastly..."then I found Arbonne.." and explain why Arbonne is going or has changed your life! So  anyway we ran through it and I was given some advice and help, this is what I came up with...

I am a married mum with two very lively boys and I am also a fulltime childminder, I love being able to work from home and I am fortunate enough to be able to spend time with my kids, but unfortunately, my kidneys are slowly failing due to a birth defect which went undiagnosed for 5 years! This means that I will eventually need a transplant and very possibly dialysis and as you can imagine, as my kidneys deteriorate I will not be in a fit state to be working 50 hours a week, and being self employed, if I do not work, I do not get paid! I needed to find something that I could do in my spare time that would eventually take over my childminding income, then I was introduced to Arbonne! At first I was relucant, I was incredibly uneducated when it came to network marketing, but of course thought I knew it all back then! After watching my sister getting started and seeing the positive changes I realised I had two options... 1 - to sit and watch her become a success and regret not giving it a go for myself ...or 2 - Leap straight in and give it everything I had, what did I have to lose...? Obviously I went for option 2 and I am so pleased I did! I cannot control my kidneys failing, but I can and  I will be in control of the  situation I am in when they do!!!

So... what d'ya think?

Now, that's my 60 second story, after going through that I was given so much advice that I am definitely going to be taking on board... especially the advice I was given regarding Facebook!! Facebook is an excellent tool - when used properly... or as I was told, it can cause you to commit social suicide, which apparently I had done... on more than one occasion - Oops!

So how do you use Facebook properly?? STOP spewing Arbonne all over your personal page - your personal page is just that, personal. Create a professional page and invite people to like it (don't force it on them though) and keep your business on your business page and your personal life on your personal page. There is nothing worse than seeing the same posts over and over again about the same thing... Now I had not done that exactly, but I did put a post up about no one coming to a party I had put on, and I was desperately asking for people to come last minute to help me... not really what a successful business looks like **blushes from behind the screen** I was advised instead to put, I suppose the word would be 'cryptic' posts, on my personal page such as "Making positive changes in your life and helping others at the same time... what could possibly be better than that!" (yes that was an actual post of mine!) This way, if people wanted to know, then they would ask.

The next big thing was time management... I am a very focused person and I always throw my entire self in to something I enjoy, so as you can imagine I filled every spare moment I could with Arbonne, learning, developing, creating relationships, getting bookings you name it, I was doing it... but I never gave myself time to just relax. If I found myself with nothing to do, instead of taking that and making the most of it, I would find something to do - usually (always) Arbonne based! Now believe me, there is only so much you can do before your body takes over and makes you stop - a few days a go I felt very unwell, I had not rested and given the state of my kidneys that was not a good place to be in, so now I am learning to manage my time - I will be making sure that I schedule in some 'quiet time' 'family time' and 'arbonne time'

And speaking of time management... it is now Friday evening and almost 9pm - time to enjoy some wine with the husband! Have a lovely weekend - Cheers!






1 comment:

  1. This is from Karen Smith on FB (also my sponsor) I used to be cabin crew and absolutely loved it , but now have 2 young children which stopped me going back flying as my partner works away a lot too .
    So Two incomes became one but most jobs proved difficult with him being away , but then I found Arbonne , not only has it given me huge personal development but also a part time income and still be able to be home with my children . This business is going to give so much more for my partner & family in the future as it grows and my partner will to be able to become part time so we can all spend a lot more precious time together

    ReplyDelete