Monday 21 July 2014

My name is Emma and I am a Network Marketer!!

So, when I tell people what I am doing with Arbonne, I generally get the response of "Hmm, that's sounds like Network Marketing to me!" and I seem to answer in a sort of defensive/embarrassed kind of tone. I then get loads of warnings and so called 'facts' from people who know people who tried it and failed! So of course they are 'experts' *cue over exaggerated roll of the eyes*

When I first signed up to Arbonne, I knew roughly how it worked and I was given loads of support and information, not only from my own sponsor, my sister Karen, but also from her sponsor, Rachael. This is my Upline; Scott signed up a lady called Tamlyn, who signed up Rachael, who signed up my sister, who signed up me! I have contact details for all these people, so should I need their help I have it. Generally I will go through Karen and so on, but just recently I have spoken to Rachael for some support and she is arranging for her and Scott to help me with an opportunity meeting... Why have I told you this? Oh, well, that's because apparently with Network Marketing you are signed up to a company, and then get left to it and forgotten about!! Hmm... okay then, clearly my Upline did not get this memo... thank goodness!

Also I get people telling me it is a pyramid scheme, and just how terrible they are! Well that is until I ask them about their own jobs... what does their company structure look like? A lovely rich CEO at the top getting paid loads, with some top end managers just slightly underneath, also making a nice wedge, then perhaps a few more middle managers making a fair wage, then a load of lower manager making an okay wage, then finally the workers, making enough to pay the bills... Hmmm I wonder what shape that would look like???

Hmm, now is it me, or does that look like a... pyramid? 
I then ask, can you overtake your managers? Or do you have to wait for a 'position' to open before you can be promoted? So, essentially you can work your butt off for years and years, earning loads of money for the top people, while taking home a pitiful wage just waiting... and waiting.... and waiting for a position to open up! Sure you might be able to promote to manager, or maybe even middle manager, but seriously, how many people fit at the top? How many CEOs can there be?

Now I am not going to say anything about this next picture which has been doing the rounds on the internet... You can make up your own minds!



What I will say is... remember what I put at the beginning of my post? You know, about my Upline, helping and supporting me? If you really need help, would your CEO go out of his way to help you? What about the Top managers? I have worked for many years in retail, particularly sales and I was given high targets, put under a lot of pressure, worked long hours and barely took home £1,000 a month!!

As part of my training, I have been advised to read a few books, the first one I am reading, is Eric Worre Go Pro - I started reading it yesterday and I am up to chapter 5 and I have to say it is an amazing read... If you are still unsure about networking marketing and you can get a hold of this book, then read it!!

You see, the issues surrounding network marketing actually has nothing to do with network marketing itself! It DOES work! People are doing it, and they are becoming very successful. If iis about finding the right company for you and making sure you have the right support, the right information and the right tools to get started! Too many people sign up to network marketing, thinking they know what to do, they do what they know, fail, then blame the Network Marketing! When in reality, all they have to blame is themselves!

If you get in to this, then you nee to do your homework, you need to invest in yourself, it's all good and well having the physical tools you need to start a networking business, but they will become useless if you do not have the mental tools to use them!!

So, the next time some one says "Hmm, that's sounds like Network Marketing to me!" my reply will no longer be with a tone of embarrassment, but one of pride! "Yes, yes it it. I am Emma, and I am a Network Marketer!"


1 comment:

  1. Came across this Emma....brilliant read! We'll be on that sunbed in Maui together!

    ReplyDelete