Saturday 28 June 2014

Doesn't always go to plan!

The other day I received all my lovely little samples and got things ready for my two launch parties. I absolutely love getting my Arbonne packages, feels like Christmas, it's so exciting.

I got an FC5 sample set and a Calm sample set (I didn't need the RE9 as I got that when I signed up) I also got a Product Knowledge Training Manual AKA the bible!

I  just had to show this, I cannot describe how amazing this stuff is. I absolutely love it!

My lovely little business card holder!
A day or so before my launch there was a video chat with a lady who talked about how she did her presentations/parties and she talked about putting a £1 in a purse and did something with it, I was a bit confused about it worked, but liked the idea of a little purse or something, so I decided to get some pretty little gift boxes and fill them with black tissue paper and one of my little samples. I will explain why in a bit, but in the mean time... Look... how pretty are these?

Ideally I wanted all green boxes but they didn't have enough so went for purple and green. I also got some pretty butterflies and gorgeous vanilla candles!

Little sample hidden inside.
I love making things look pretty, I like to look at the little details as I really think it makes you stand out. People remember the little touches. For the launch I got some black face cloths and black hand towels, you do not need to spend a lot on these. You can have whatever colour you want, but personally I think black is best, it looks elegant, and they are going to be used to take peoples make up off and the last thing you want is a grubby white face cloth... eww!!

I could have just placed the face cloths on the table, but where is the fun in that? Anyone can do that, so I decided to make them look pretty and put little fake flowers in the top... Because after the facial they will feel 'fresh as a Daisy' 
I also got a black table cloth, cosmetic mirrors, large ramekins, hair bobbles, head bands, cotton pads, cosmetic sponges, pretty paper, nice black pens and a box little tissues. I placed the ramekins to the side of where people will be sitting, and inside there was a hair bobble if they want to tie their hair back, some cotton pads if they prefer to use them rather than fingers, a cosmetic sponge if they wanted to try the make up afterwards, and the hair band as laid just around the ramekin. I put the mirror, paper and pen in front of them. This is not the finished table, but just an idea of what we had.... Can you see the pretty boxes in the middle? 


Finished table, there is a product catalogue and a face cloth for each uest - I was supposed to put the hand towels on their chairs but forgot and ended up getting them halfway through... ooops! There was also an RE9 and FC5 display on opposite corners of the table!
So, as the guests arrived Rachael and I had an informal chat, and offered them drinks, it was all very calm and relaxed. After about 15 minutes we sat at the table and everyone got comfortable, we showed them what they had in front of them and Rachael introduced Arbonne and gave a brief history. We then filled large bowls with warm water, which each guest had in font of them. Rachael then asked about their skin, and and issues or sensitivity they might have. Once it was established that no one had any issues, each guest was given a little bit of the RE9 smoothing cleanser and asked to wash their face.

We went through the whole regime trying out various products along the way, testing them on our hands and arms, having a good smell of them and just enjoying the evening and chatting about the products. Rachael talked about each product, explained what it was, what it was good for and tips on how best to use it.

Now for the boxes!!! After the pamper session we got the guests to each pick a box and look inside. As you know hidden inside were different samples. These were for the guests to keep but they had two options... Keep the little sample and that's that. Or... Book a party that night and take their little sample home, and then on the night of their party, I would bring a full sized version of what was in their box as a thank you... be careful what you put in the box though and check the price of the full size one first... I did not do this and the lady who booked a party got an FC5 night cream, which is £43! Ooops! Never mind though, lesson learned :)

On the whole it was a great night, we signed up two preferred clients, and everyone placed an order. As my husband was the 'host' he was very generous and let me have his host rewards ;) I got £120+ worth of amazing products for a mere £40! I got one free gift, one at half price and then £65 worth of stuff for £20!

So all in all an amazing night... However, not everything goes to plan, which is okay, it's not a problem, it's not a negative! 

My 2nd launch party, which was supposed to be today at 1.30pm... but no one came... not one single person, well apart from Rachael... But you know, it ended up working out brilliantly as we went through how to do 1-2-1's chatted about the business. I learned so much more stuff! So, a so called negative, became a brilliant positive!

Always remember... Quitters never win and winners NEVER quit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment