Friday 12 June 2015

The One Year Review

Tomorrow marks my 1 year Arbonne anniversary, so I decided to do a review of the past year. Look at where I was then and where I am now. Most people would look and think, well back then she was a consultant and a year one, she is still just a consultant! But I can tell you I am so much more than that!

Back then I was a consultant who was nervous, unsure about the future, not overly confident in myself and who I was. I was floundering about in a vast ocean with no direction whatsoever. Now I have a laser sharp focus, I know exactly where I am going and over the past year I have been collecting the tools I need to make that journey! I am so much more confident in myself. I know what my future is, I know where I will be, who I will be and what I will have! 

I have not been 'failing' this past year, I have been learning new skills, growing as a person. Learning to take so called 'failures' and turn them around to my advantage. Everything, good or bad is a learning experience. 

Arbonne has given me so much more than just a business. It really has helped me in so many other areas of my life. As some of you know I started this business because I was looking for an additional income to cover my loss of earning as my kidneys are slowly failing and I will eventually need a transplant. Back then I had no idea when that time would be could be in a few years, could be in 10-15 years! 

Since September, my kidney function has had a very steady decrease, over the last 10 months, I have had a 7% drop. I've gone from 31% function in September to 24% at my latest appointment on Monday. When I asked about a rough time frame I as given 2-3 years! Now this is an estimate and there is a small chance my kidneys could stabilise and I can have longer, but based on the evidence, that's unlikely to happen. 

I am absolutely going to be an RVP by the time my kidneys fail! That is not a promise, it is a stone cold FACT! I don't know what's going to happen with me, if I can have a living donor and avoid dialysis, or whether I am going to end up on the waiting list for a few years and have to have dialysis. What I do know is, that when it does happen, I will not be stressing over having to work (trade my time for money), I won't be worried about being able to afford the bills.

Here is one of my vision boards, I have this on my desktop and see it every day. I read it everyday!



At this moment in in time I am messaging 2 new people a day using the Fact, Believe, Feel, Ask system. I am making sure I read daily and listen to an audio daily. I am aiming for 2,500 QV per month and making sure I teach these to my team to do the same. I am aiming to do 2 parties a month, sign up 4 new PCs a month (min 150 PQV) and 1 new IC (min 1,000 PQV)a month. Now, I know full well that I may not get this every single month without fail, but I also know if I don't aim for it, then I DEFINITELY won't get it! I have a goal and a plan. 

I have also decided that I am going to commit to doing a book review blog EVERY month. To keep me on track with my 10 pages a day (sometimes at the weekend I 'forget') *Naughty Naughty* So on the 1st July I will be reviewing Prof. Steve Peters, The Chimp Paradox, I am on page 237 of 346. That is 109 pages in 18 days. It would be lovely to hear your reviews of this book, any recommendations of books you have read or any suggestions of books to read. Here is what I have read so far and what I want to read.
  • Go Pro (Obvs)
  • The Success Principles 
  • The 45 Second Presentation
  • The Slight Edge
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • The Four Year Career
  • Business of the 21 Century 
On the 'must read' list
  • Feel the Fear & Do It Anyway
  • The Compound Effect
  • How to Win Friends & Influence People
  • Failing Forward
  • 7 Habits of Highly Successful People
  • No Excuses
  • The Flip Flop CEO
  • Beach Money
  • The Secret
  • Why We Want To Be Rich
Here is to the next 12 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment