Tuesday 2 June 2015

DM Quals and tonsilitis!

Eeek! I am so proud to say that my new business partner is now in District Manager Qualification! A huge well done to her, I am so excited about what this business can do for her and how far it will take her. Ruth has an amazing supporting network around her, not to mention the best Mum and Dad... EVER!

Ruth put in a small business order, the Cosmetics Success Pack, great choice being that she wants to run a makeup artistry business as well! So, anyone else who does this alongside a makeup business, if you have any advice, that would be amazing! We booked in 3 launch parties and got training underway. Ruth got her "Why" done and sent me to straight away, she has been so open, honest and coachable, not to mention driven and determined. Amazing qualities to have in this business!

I was a so a bit nervous doing her first launch as I had only ever really done two and that was way back in July. The first launch we did more of a business presentation, her parents were there, so I wanted them to really see and understand this business. It was a great success and everyone was supportive.

between the launches we did more training, the presentation, her 60 second story, talked about the importance of personal development, and a lot of reassurance that this business does have it's ups and downs and that it's all part of the journey!

Her 2nd launch, I was beginning to not feel too well, but it was a Friday evening, so I had a paracetamol and we set up a makeup workshop! Ruth did her 60 second story and was brilliant! I did the main bulk of the workshop, but had created a guide to follow with prompts and information about the products. Ruth spoke about the products she had tried and explained why she loved them, then she did a fabulous make over for one of her guests, and gave the other guests, helpful hints and tips to applying the perfect makeup! Including... "Backwards 3!" Love it!

The next afternoon was her 3rd launch, and I was dead on my feet! I was so ill, fever, sore throat, painful ear! I had paracetamol, honey and lemon, and an anaesthetic throat spray to keep me going. I took a huge step back for this one, and Ruth managed to take the reins, she followed the guide and did an AMAZING job. Although she did give one guest the RE9 Restorative Day Cream, instead of the Regenerating Toner and told her to spritz her face... Two pumps and cream went everywhere!! Everyone cracked up, it was a fantastically funny moment! Everyone commented on how well she did, even with the little blip. She talked about the products, helped her guests and took all the orders!

After everyone had left we sat down and I showed Ruth how to process the orders on the system, after inputting a few of the guest orders, the website decided it didn't want to play ball! By this point I was shivering so badly and burning up, I had to go home. I talked Ruth through what to do and what host rewards had been earned and advised her to keep trying to put it through and that I would help her with the host rewards.

Later that evening I got a text, she had processed everything, even the host rewards, by herself. But had one very minor issue! This was dealt with and she completed her guest orders and host rewards, and stormed in to DM Qual!

Now the real fun begins. We have another training this morning, a fabulous team Zoom call with the incredible Tamlyn and Andrew, then Thursday night, region training with the lovely Hayley Waghorne! Then next week her first 121 is booked in! I am determined to get Ruth to District as soon as possible, she has what it takes and she will go far!

No comments:

Post a Comment