Monday 26 January 2015

Being The Best Me I Can Be!

I have spent my whole life looking at other people and wishing I was more like them. I have never truly had any self-confidence. I have never really enjoyed being me, deep down I would worry what people would think of me, and I still do, to a degree and think I always will.

When I joined Arbonne, I heard so many amazing presentations and wished I could be like the people I was seeing! I wanted to be Sarah, Iain, Gordon, Scott, Tamlyn, Stuart, Claire... I could fill the page with names! I tried to be like them, as they are now, forgetting that they had to grow themselves in to the people we see today!

Over this month I have changed things up. I wasn't going to carry on what I was doing, and just hope for a different result. I had to create a different result. Before, I desperately tried to get people to have a one to one with me, I wanted to go to a coffee shop, all professional, with my tablet presentation ready to go. But it just wasn't happening for me. I wasn't being me!

If you haven't guessed by now, I love to talk, I am such a chatter box I have to make a conscious effort to not talk too much (unsuccessfully most of the time). I love to help to people and I love to hear about people. I enjoy being friends and being there for people in any capacity! I am the 'yeah sure' girl.

So, with this in mind, and with my last blogs about my actions taking a natural course I am finding myself making natural connections with people. Remember the lady with the gorgeous makeup? The one I have been chatting away too at the playschool gates? Well, today I saw her in passing, we smiled, said hello and literally out of no where I asked if she was free on Wednesday for a coffee, she instantly said yes and said "Here take my number and text me!" I did then say I had a business and would love her to try some things and let me know what she thinks!

Now, before Christmas I would have been like a little Arbonne ninja! Preparing for my 'coffee' I would get in pickle, be excited, nervous, calm, excited, calm, then nervous again! But that was because I wasn't being real to who I am. I wasn't being me!

But now, on Wednesday I am going for coffee, to chat with my new friend. I will take some things with me that I think she will like, and we will have a coffee and natter about anything we fancy. I am not going to force a presentation on her, I am going to behave the way I would naturally behave. I will do what I would naturally do if I was sharing something with a friend.

If she wants to hear more, see more, try more, then great. But if not, then great too, it won't affect my feelings on how 'coffee' went, because I am not going for the single purpose of 'prospecting' I am just me, going for coffee with a friend! Why complicate such a simple thing?

If she wants to hear more, then I will invite her to hear more, whether it be at an event, meeting, or a presentation I do for her myself. But I will judge that in the moment. How many times have you played scenarios in your head of what is going to happen and what you're going to say? Did that scenario play out exactly as you saw it? Probably not! So why waste your time? Use your own judgement in the moment.

There is an amazing system to follow, we are given so many tools to use all the hard work is done for us. There is no, one size fits all, or perfect script. All you can really do is know what is available to you, be honest with yourself, be true to who you are, share what you have and enjoy all the friendships you make on the way.

Before I finish this blog I wanted to also talk about affirmations. As this was another thing that I wasn't being true to myself with. One of my affirmations was "I am an ENVP and I love the feeling of earning £35,000 a month or more!" I had others very similar, and I said them, daily, but I didn't feel them! Then, as I was reading I started to realise that I was not emotionally connected with my affirmation. So I took some time out to think about them. I have a statement now and other affirmations that really make me smile now. I can feel myself in that moment and could cry with just feeling how I would feel! So, here they are...

On the 10th June 2020 I will be paid £35,000 or more by Arbonne, I will have helped and mentored coachable, driven leaders. I will have encouraged people to realise their true potential so they can reach their dreams.
I will achieve this by continuing my own self-development and by opening up and talking to people. I will fully commit myself to individuals who truly want to make a change.

Day by day, in every way, I am getting better and better!"

That is my first statement, I read it out every day! More than once and I was smile and always getting butterflies! I also say...

"I am an Executive National Vice President and I have I helped many people to live their dream and I feel honoured to be part of their lives"

"I inspire driven coachable leaders in my team to reach their goals and realise their potential"

"I have an amazing client base who I help regularly with their needs, and who purchase products on a regular basis"

"I am continually growing a balanced business, earning money and spending quality time with all of my family and the special people in my life"

And lastly... Something I have to share with you, if you ever think it is getting too much or that you are going to fail, then watch this video that was played at the January 2015 UK Leadership Academy. Grab a tissue before you watch this!

No comments:

Post a Comment