Saturday 17 January 2015

Being Genuine, Keeping Focused!

This month has been somewhat challenging, for personal reasons, but I have remained focused and made sure that I kept up with training, reading and audios. It has given me much more confidence in speaking to people and making conversations. It has helped me find myself in terms of what works for me.


There is a lady at the Playschool I drop off at, she is pregnant and always looks gorgeous, perfect hair, perfect make-up, perfect clothes! She is literally 2 week away from her due date and every day she shows up with her son looking so well. Before Christmas I knew I wanted to talk to her but felt so awkward and didn't know what to say, so just gave a pathetic smile now and then. Until this week! I laughed and commented about how stunning she looked for how far she was, and made the joke that I looked like death. We got chatting and had a good laugh. Each day we have a little chat now and I am getting to know her, she is so lovely. I am not going to jump in with Arbonne straight away, but I will build my friendship with her and when I feel the time is right I will bring it up. If she is not interested, then I will have at least made a new friend... That's what it's all about!!

Before, when I went out, I saw "PROSPECTS" instead of people as new friends. I kept talking to them thinking "right, how can I mention Arbonne!" I had totally the wrong mentality. Since doing all the training and personal development I have taken a step back and really looked at myself and how I came across to people. It's okay saying to yourself "I am just sharing this and not emotionally attached to the outcome" it is an entirely different thing to actually truly believe it!
 
 
Where my main focus has been on my personal development, my mindset has changed. I am genuinely not emotionally attached to an outcome, because I am in a place where I am trying to grow myself as a person. I am still doing activity and chatting to people in an organic way and I am finding myself having people come up to me now and ask me about it.

Like I mentioned in my last post, my husband and I are hosting an event in a couple of weeks, I had the idea I wanted a make-up artist to come and do make-overs on some of the guests for me. So I put a post out on several pages making that request, I explained that it would be an opportunity for them to showcase their talents and advertise their make-up business at the same time, a favour for a favour if you will. I had so many people message me, I booked one lady, but even now, I am still getting people message me.

I have spoken with them all individually, explained that I already have some one now, but also explained what it was for, explained it was a business opportunity and if they wanted to hear more, I would be willing to meet up over coffee for a chat. I now have 3 one to ones next week on the back of that.

My intention was not to get prospects in fact that didn't even enter my head, I was genuinely just looking for a make-up artist, and had the thought it would also be great because then they could see the products as well. I have let things naturally take a course without forcing anything and I am seeing such incredible results!

So remember guys, just keep reading, keep listening to them audios, keep plugged in, keep real and always be genuine!

No comments:

Post a Comment