Tuesday 18 August 2015

Learning How To Be Consistent!

This is actually a really difficult blog for me to write, as it requires me being brutally honest with not only you guys, but even harder... myself!

Since doing my personal development I have learned so much, and I absolutely believe that it's a vital key to the success of this business... when done consistently. Out of everything I have learned, one thing that is now glaringly obvious, and the reason I am still a consultant is my consistent Inconsistency!


I know what I need to know to promote to the next level and, I know what I need to do. So why have I not promoted yet? Because I get going, build up momentum then, for some reason or another, I stop! I have some great excuses too... I went away for a week, the kids are on their school holidays, I am ill... all 'genuine' excuses, but still, excuses nonetheless!

During July I was picking up momentum, I was reading, talking to people, messaging people, having one on ones and follow ups. Everything was picking up pace, so much so that I was actually struggling to fit meetings in and had to limit my time with each person drastically just to fit it all in!

Then, I went on a week break! I had great intentions of continuing on with my reading each morning, and messaging people, but about an hour in to our journey I realised I left my book at home and it all went to pot! I didn't read, listen to audios or even talk to people! I had some amazing opportunities to speak to new people, but I didn't!

Then when I got home, it was the school holidays and I was feeling incredibly ill! As most of you know I am a childminder and my kidneys are not great so I told my parents (clients) I felt awful, but didn't want to let anyone down so explained I would still work, but it would be a 'chilled' week (as in not loads of activities). Even though I was back home, I still didn't pick up my book!

I had lost all motivation completely! Until I decided to just sort myself out! I knew I wouldn't just be able to pick up from where I left off. I knew I had to start it all again! So I started by just reading 40 minutes a day. Ironically enough it was The Compound Effect and I soon found myself reading about when you are not consistent, it is harder to keep going, and harder still to start again!

It was likened to a park Roundabout. At a complete standstill, it takes effort to actually get moving, you start with one step, and very slowly push through to the next step, and then the next and so on, until you gradually build up a bit of speed! Once you have picked up speed as long as you keep your foot going, you will keep the momentum going and it's much easier! However, if you stop and allow it to come to a standstill, then you have all the hard work of getting it going again!

Here is my issue... I keep getting off the roundabout! So, now I know this I need to get some serious discipline to stop this from happening! Being aware of oneself and understanding how to move forward is important. This has been a hard lesson for me to learn but now I know what I need to work on.

The reason I have not promoted to a District Manager, is because I am NOT a District Manager yet. I am not being consistent and disciplined. I am leading by example and not a very good one at that... leading by 'get going, do a bit, build momentum... then stop' I need to become the best consultant in my team, not when people can see it, but more importantly when people cannot! I need to 'Get going, do a bit, build momentum, keep going'



It is going to be difficult and will require me to actually become more conscious of my actions, to be really honest with myself and keep myself on course!

I am starting my morning routine again, getting back in to some great success habits and now I am more aware of the fact I need to be more disciplined with my consistency. I am looking forward to AAC UK, I am literally like a kid at Christmas! Can't wait to share my experience of it and to meet some amazing, inspirational people!



So, for now I will love you and leave you, but before I go, just wanted to say... Hi my name is Emma and I am an Executive National Vice President!!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment