Monday 24 August 2015

Inspiration, Motivation and Dedication!

I was thinking today about all the things and people that inspire and motivate me. I was thinking about a few different things and people and actually felt quite emotional! Since joining Arbonne, I have had a few, what I used to call False Starts. But after reading Feel The Fear & Do It Anyway, I know that I am learning so many new lessons. I am growing myself as a person, obtaining 'life tools' along the way. One thing I know for sure is, the only way I can fail is if I give up... that is NOT an option!

I find inspiration through so many different people. One person in particular my friend Samantha! She is the friend who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 2 days after my Sister's funeral! Because my sister used to always say she was butterfly I made a special plaque, it was going to be for me, but knowing how my sister wanted to help people, I gave it to my friend. I told her my sister would watch over her, she was so thankful and hung it on the fireplace. The day I gave it her, Sam found a single white feather on the chair I was sitting on, also she had a resident butterfly outside her house. 



Sam had read The Secret, she knew she had a special guardian angel and she knew she would be okay! Sam has been amazing, so strong, positive and determined. Whenever she had a wobble, she would randomly find a single white feather and know she was being looked after. She has been an incredible inspiration to me. The beginning of August was her last Chemo, she left home and noticed the butterfly was no longer outside her house, but didn't think much of it. When she got home the plaque she had hung, that hadn't moved since March, was on the floor! Sam saw this as a sign that my sister had moved on, She felt a great deal of strength at that moment!

Amazing Sam doing the Race For Life whilst going through treatment!
Whenever I think 'I can't this, I am not good enough' I always think of Sam, and realise, Yes, yes I can... and I will! During Sam's treatment, she did have wobbles and get upset, but never once did she feel like giving up. Never once did she say this is too hard, despite having some horrendous days, her attitude was Bring It On! She is an incredible soul and I am truly blessed to know her and be part of her life. On an even more positive note... She didn't lose her eye lashes or eyebrows and absolutely believes it's thanks to the It's A Long Story Mascara and the Lash Enhancer (which she also used on her eyebrows!) Her Chemo nurse was shocked and impressed!

As well as Sam, being a great source of inspiration, I also have some songs that I love to listen to. These really get to me and give me goosebumps... especially this one...

I have my vision video that I watch everyday as well, My vision video is more about the non-material things that I want. I also have my vision board and motivation board in my hallway. My vision board, I add to it regularly... the latest edition is a picture of my dream shoes, a pair of Christian Louboutin - Daffodile Strass £3,795.00! My motivation board is a half white board, half cork board. On the white board I have my goals and my daily routine! On the cork board I have printed loads of inspirational quotes and pinned them up. No matter what day it is, how I am feeling I always find an appropriate quote on the board that keeps me going!




I know I have had so many ups and down, so many 'right this is it' moments but I don't see any of it as failure. Each time I start again, I start better than I did before, I take forward new skills I am such a different person to who I was a year ago. I know I still have much learning and growing to do. 

One thing to get me really going, especially after AAC is a game that Mark has made up. It's his Investment Game. The rules are... He will 'invest' £50.00 in to my Arbonne business in September for me to buy somethings I need. During September I have to hit a target of earning £100 minimum, out of that £100 I have to repay Mark £75 back - £50 plus £25 interest which will go in to savings. The other £25 is for me to treat myself and it has to be a treat, something I wouldn't usually buy. Anything over the £100 will go towards savings/date night/family trips etc. If I don't quite make £100 then the shortfall has to come from my money. If I don't make enough to repay Mark, then I forfeit an investment the next month. As my money goes up so will the investment, but the interest will go down!  It's all in the name of fun and I have to admit, I am quite excited about it!

So, let's get this going... I have booked 2 parties for September and I am looking to get at least another 1 more... I am well on my way... so, what shall I spend my £25 on?


No comments:

Post a Comment