Sunday 6 September 2015

Inspired, Humbled and Blessed! (and slightly emotional)

WOW... WOW... WOW... If you attended AAC UK 2015 then you will know exactly what I mean! My belief and passion for this company was already sky high... now it's up with the stars. I have taken away so much, I have been inspired and humbled by the entire experience.

Before the start of AAC Tamlyn set us all a challenge, to speak to every NVP and ask for their top tips and get a selfie! I managed to speak to 7 incredible (E)NVPs and some amazing tips which I will take on board, these tips will be part of my day, everyday! Forgive the poor image quality but the front of my phone was smashed and the camera was a bit damaged!

Stuart Armfield's Top Tip - Never give up!
 I can honestly say, after what I have seen over the last few days, there is no way on this earth am I ever going to to quit! I am an Arbonne Lifer!
Melanie Dean's Top Tip - Record and Say Positive Affirmations every day
 I asked Melanie for her top tip, her question to me was "Well what are you struggling with right now?" I said I have amazing belief in the company, products and people, but limited belief in myself that I am good enough to do this! So her top tip for me was to review my affirmations and come up with some positive ones for my self-belief, and to record them so I could listen to them everyday, and to also say them every single day!
Scott Campbell's Top Tip - Consistency!!
 Consistency! Simple, one word, yet probably the most important word! I have been up and down so much and I know for a fact that it's down to my own personal lack of consistency. However, knowledge is power and I know I struggle with this, I am aware of this, so now I am aware I know what I need to work on!

Hetty Gifford's Top Tip - Believe you can do it
Part of my lack of belief in myself is belief that I can be consistent enough. Belief that I can be disciplined enough to do it. I keep looking so far down the line and it terrifies me. Can I do this? Do I have what it really takes? So, from now on I will wake up each day and look at just that day... I know I can do it for one day... I have rock solid belief that for one day I can do what needs to be done.... Then the next day when I wake up, I will do the same... day by day!
Caroline and Bill McFarlen's Top Tip - Breathe belief in to your team, that THEY CAN DO IT!
Now, I know I lack belief in myself... wait... hang on... No! I USED to lack belief in myself (Now I know, day by day, I can and will do it) I will make sure my team and even my sidelines know they can do it to and if you are reading this... YOU CAN DO IT! You do have what it takes! Don't 'dig deep' don't 'muster all your strength' just wake up and say "Hey you know what, today, I can do this!" 

Iain Pritchard's Top Tip - Commit to never ending personal development 
 Personal development - If you are not reading and not committing to yourself, then start NOW! A year in to my business, still a consultant - I can honestly say, with my hand on my heart, if I had not been doing personal development then I would have, without a doubt, quit! It's only through my own personal development that I am growing in to the person I need to be. I am growing in to the leader I need to be. I now genuinely feel with all my heart I ready for District. Before I was terrified, now I am ready!
Ella Harper's Top Tip - Do something towards your business every single day!
This is so simple and again, so easy to do. Wake up everyday, do something, anything towards your business... anything, just as long as it is something! A call, a text, a one to one, a product drop off, a zoom call, a follow up, a party, hand out samples, a catalogue... just something (as an absolute minimum)

I do wish that I had managed to speak to Emma Sangster, Gordon Fraser, Gayle Longhurts, Yvonne Dixon and Sarah Dunning. I just know they would have had even more incredible tips! The next time I see them, I will definitely ask them and by that time I will be able to take better pictures!

All the speakers said something that resonated with me, I took amazing golden nuggets from each and every person. But a few did stand out for me. There are just a few that I would like to share. The first is Martine Wright! What a truly wonderful lady with such a gorgeous soul! Please take a moment to watch to watch this video that was played before she spoke! (Grab a tissue)..


"I am lucky to be living this dream right now!" How incredible?! It was amazing listening to her talk, her life passion and personality just shone through. She even joked that with her prosthetic legs, she now has thinner ankles and it 2 inches taller! I felt incredibly humbled by her story and I am so unbelievably grateful to have had the privilege of being in the same room as her and hearing her journey! No matter what you are facing be grateful for the breath you are taking! Be grateful for the lessons you are learning, Be grateful all the experiences life throws at you!

Martine spoke about how her team go to where they did. Their core principles

  1. Respect - Respect everyone for who they are and for the positions they are in. 
  2. Trust - Trust in your team, trust they are doing what they need to do. Trust them to be themselves 
  3. Commitment - Invest as much as you can, when you can. Give it your 100% commitment, even when it all seems too hard, believe in yourself and commit to yourself
  4. Agreed Preference/Communication  (I really like this one) - Agree with your team how they liked to be spoken to/treated. Martine explained that if she missed a shot and someone joked 'right that's it, you're off the team' to her, she would laugh and take the joke. However some people might not, and may take it to heart. Know your team, know how to communicate with them in a way that makes them comfortable.This is so important
Something else she said, which made a lot of sense was, 'Balance expectation with experience' 

Other things I have taken away (I am sat reading all my notes and feeling so emotional again!)  I won't write all of them as you will be here forever, but I have selected some little nugget that really stood out to me! (although to be fair - it was all amazing)

Anna West - You are the captain of your ship - people may want to 'walk the plank' but no matter what... the Captain never abandons their ship! 

Chevan Greenhill - Oh my word, I was in tears and I actually got to speak to her in person, and broke down again even had a lovely hug! Eyes are filling up again now! Stay until... basically... don't quit and never give up on anyone, Stay until you know, stay until you believe, stay until you achieve! . Have patience and believe in yourself. Banish the idea of failure!

Rachel Chan - Be persistent, Use our key advantages to your advantage. 
  1. We have cutting edge products, we all know, love and are passionate about our products. We all know they are amazing and have to be experienced to be believed, so share abundantly, let everyone experience them!
  2. Our compensation plan. We have a hybrid approach we are paid a percentage from the team we lead, coach and mentor. We also earn a great commission from the product sales me make directly... Not to mention the bonuses that are open to us!
  3. Our People - We have an amazingly encouraging community. From our successline, upline, and sidelines to our amazing corporate team. We simply attract the best people!
  4. Our Culture - Wow, I can say with all honesty that the Arbonne Culture is one of a kind. We often get called a 'Cult' and you know what... it's the best Cult in the world! Where else do you find the most loving, caring, genuine and kindest souls?
We really do have a spectacular gift! Now go out and share it! Who are you to  keep all this wonderfulness to yourself? 

We are Pure, Safe and Beneficial GUINNESS WORLD RECORD BREAKERS! And how fitting that the record we broke was for kissing? The most kisses within 30 seconds! 


And seriously, who wouldn't want to be part of this? As someone commented on this video on Facebook "There ain't no party like an Arbonne party!"



Some final notes I have
  • You can be, have and do it all. Have a dream and commit to it! No matter what
  • Be consistent, be humble, be kind. live and work from a place of love, gratitude and abundance
  • Follow your gut instinct. It's not what you are looking at, but what you see!
  • Do more to support others and work with urgency 
  • Set goals, set HUGE goals! 
  • Be a committed student 
  • Dream BIG - Dreams are reality in waiting!
Before I end this blog I need to thank some people for giving me this incredible opportunity. Thank you to my amazing Sister Karen for saying yes! If it wasn't for you sending me the Herbal Nappy Cream and showing me how amazing the products were I would not be where I am today. Thank you Rachel for introducing my sister and not letting my then, clouded judgement, stand in the way! Thank you Tamlyn and Andrew for your commitment, love, support and encouragement. You are both truly amazing leaders and if it wasn't for your continued encouragement I am not sure I'd still be here today! Now I am lifer (You ain't getting rid of me now!) 

I also wanted to thank Caroline and Bill for saying yes! I was so emotional when Caroline spoke and I wanted to find them both and thank them personally but in the chaos I couldn't find them. I hope this message gets to them in some way. I was looking for a way of earning money, when my kidneys fail. I was searching and searching not knowing what I was looking for... then just at the right time Arbonne found it's way to me. It gave me hope, motivation, and something to aim for. It gave me back my passion and zest for life. It has given me so much more than a 'typical' business or job ever could and for that I am truly grateful that Caroline stayed at the dodgy hotel, that she stuck to her goals and made all of this possible! 

And last, but no means least! Thank you to Petter for you vision! I hope you are looking down and feel an enormous sense of pride that because you believed in your vision and the had the courage to make it happen that you have in turn made it possible for so many people to believe in their own vision and have the courage to go for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment